Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 16-20, 2012 Quiet Time Series


DAY 16

ANOTHER NORMAL DAY

James 4:13-17; Psalm 90:12

Every time we wake up, we may think it’s another normal day. We take a shower; we go to work or school; we meet together with the Church, friends and family; we do our responsibilities, perform our many roles, do some errands, and try to balance things; we have fun and enjoy – movies, dine out, jog, etc. If we have the time, we say a little prayer and read a little of the Bible. We rush through the day and hopefully end with a good night’s sleep. It is one of the usual normal days.

Who of us are consciously thinking that perhaps today would be different? James states “We are only a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” Moses prayed to God “Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” Knowing this, will we just rush through today and think this is just another normal day? Or will we decide to make this day different for God? If we make the prayer of Moses be our daily decision, wouldn’t we make the most of each day?

My family is important to me. God is most important to me. My relationship with them matters more than any task that I need to accomplish. May my thoughts and my heart be filled with joy and love for them. May my actions speak of how important they are to me each day. Let’s not take for granted what truly matters in our lives. Go ahead and treat them extra special today!

January Samson

DAY 17

TO BELIEVE

James 1:6-7

A person who does not believe that God can provide wisdom is like a wave or the sea, blown and tossed by the wind and is never able to settle down.

A believer or Christian who is spiritually immature may respond in a similar manner. He reacts emotionally to his difficult circumstances and problems and does not fully trust God. In his trials, he does not respond with a joyful attitude or with a believing heart because he does not ask for wisdom from God. He is unwilling to use the resources God has provided for him and he does not know that a solution is available for him through faithful and persistent prayer to God.

Today, if we have trials or problems, we need to think that God is always available. We simply need to pray with all our hearts to ask God to help us solve our problems or for God to give us strength to endure and be victorious. We need to believe, trust and be faithful to God.

Julian Baga

DAY 18

THE WAY

John 14:6

I am very inspired of God’s love written in the book of Robin Weidner, a sister from Chicago. In one of her insights: “Why did Jesus die on the cross? It’s because he made the way safe for us.” This statement makes me all the more see God clearly. My view of security of who is God is getting clearer and clearer every single day.

When John the Baptist prepared the Way, in which he encourages us to have confession, repentance godly sorrow and fruit, (in one fo Romy’s preaching) it was really true that The Way refers to Jesus.

So there is no other Way to be secured in our walk of life, in our walk with the Father, it’s only through Jesus.

Irene Glinogo

DAY 19

FINDING TRANSLATION

Matthew 14:13-21

I was not able to resist from crying when Annie sang the song “Five Loaves and Two Fishes” for the communion during one of the Sunday Worship Service. I cried because every word of it speaks my heart’s contents. “The boy looked in his lunchbox at the little that he had. He wasn’t sure what good it’d do.”

I have no faith in myself for many, many years because I felt so inadequate. I feared to be ridiculed or be shamed and criticized, so I withhold myself from plenty of things. I cowered at almost everything. I failed to see my potentials then, which I greatly regret. I could have enjoyed during those times – exploring and taking adventures. I could have built friendship with many people my age. I could have that confidence which I envy from others. I could have learned more.

“But he saw the twinkling eyes of Jesus, the kindness in his smile.” I almost forgot that I have Jesus who is more than willing to catch me when I fall. He’ll speak for me when I run out of words. He’ll fight for me when I grow weak. He’ll stay with me even when everyone else turns his back from me. He’ll heal me when I’m spiritually ill. He’ll forgive me even when everyone else despises me, and He’ll surely love me even in times when I’m unlovable. Knowing these, I will not fear any longer. I’m sorry God if I insulted your love and grace.

“I surrender. Take my fears and my inhibitions. All my burdens, my ambitions, you can use it all to feed them all.” These very words were exactly what I badly wanted to tell God for so long. I just can’t find the most appropriate words until I heard that song. GOD I SURRENDER TO YOU MY EVERYTHING!

“And every door that slams in my face, I will offer up in prayer.” Lord, teach me to pray when I’m happy and when disappointments crash on me. To everything teach me to pray. “I TRUST IN YOU! I TRUST IN YOU!”

Ruby Digal

DAY 20

HELPING OURSELVES

James 2:26

Have you ever thought that God can richly bless your life spiritually, physically, financially & all?

There is no doubt that God can do everything for mankind. I have heard stories of people who work so hard to reach their goals. They did not simply sit down and wish to make it happen! In life I have learned that sitting and wishing never accomplish anything. We are to trust God of our future that we cannot see or fully grasp. That is what we call faith. But faith without works is dead. (James 2:26).

I need to have a good decision and proper action for my life. There are many things I wanted to see for myself such as character growth, personal dreams and all. These would take faith and effort. I could not afford to just keep waiting without doing anything. We are fortunate because God is with us. We need to trust God who can do everything. But we must help ourselves to do our part.

It pleases God when we work hard and make plans. I believe God loves to bless the work of our hands when we walk with Him faithfully. Let us stop wishful thinking. Let us have the faith which is accompanied by action.

Rosalie Natural