Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 26-30, 2012 Quiet Time Series


DAY 26
YOUR FOCUS
2 Corinthians 4:18

Paul clarified that we need to fix our eyes not on what is seen but what is unseen. What is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. Our inner person is being renewed day by day.. Our focus doesn’t need to be on the visible things, which are temporary, but instead on invisible things, which are the promises of God – eternal life.

When eternity is our primary focus, we are more courageous.  We are able to recognize the temporary nature of our troubles, which are momentary and light compared to the highest weight of eternal gain it is promised by God.

Prayerfully, we will move as Christians.  We need to concentrate, focus on the positive side and lift up our eyes in heaven and start seeing God as He is and our life through His perspective. Then we can be joyful and thankful in all circumstances.  We need to focus, concentrate and fix our eyes to the author and perfector of our faith which is God.
Julian Baga


DAY 27
LOVE YOUR FAMILY
1 Timothy 5:8

One of the special treasures that God gives to people is the family. The bonds of love within a family are deep and go beyond words. I have a simple family.  We might not be, shall I say, lucky enough to have the things what we wanted, and our deep relationship maybe working silently, but I can say that we are happy deeply as we gather together even if we can only do it often times. Sometimes I envy other families, wishing that I could have that in my family too.

I know that I have the best family for me. We have our parents who will do everything to provide us our basic needs with all the best that they can. We have a loving and caring family who will always be there in sickness and in health.  My family is one of my inspirations, through the years. I do all the things that I can to provide them with a good life, a life that we are dreaming of. That is why our loving God helps me to find a way to do that for them.

I believe that without God I can do nothing. But with God, there is nothing that I can’t do. Building my relationship with God, being a disciple of Jesus, helps me to realize that the best thing that I could provide to my family is to give them the love and care in different ways that I could. I am really excited and hoping that prayerfully, I could have them as my spiritual family too.
What is the most important way to love our family and provide for them? We can give them the chance to know and respond to the gospel of Christ and bring them to God’s great family. Amen.                                                                               

Alvin Comendador



DAY 28
DECISION MAKING – ASK: WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?
John 8:31(NIV)

“If you abide in my word, then you are truly disciples of mine.”(John 8:31 NASB, 1978 edition)

In order to build your life on the Bible, it must become the authoritative standard for your life. It must become the map you rely on when you need direction, the counsel you listen to for making wise decisions, and the benchmark you use for evaluating everything. The Bible must always have the first and last word in your life.

Many of our troubles occur because we base our choices on unreliable authorities: culture (“Everyone is doing it”), tradition (“We’ve always done it”), reason (“It seemed logical”), or emotion (“It just felt right”). This is very hard to see or even do when all of your life, you were programmed to follow what your parents were doing or practicing, what tradition dictates, and what religion says about morality or immorality. Yet, what we need is a perfect standard that will never lead us in the wrong direction. Only God’s Word meets that need: “Every word of God is flawless” (Proverbs 30:5a NIV).

The most important decision you can make today is to settle this issue of what will be the ultimate authority for your life. Decide that regardless of culture, tradition, reason, or emotion, you choose the Bible as your final authority. When making decisions, determine to first ask, “What does the Bible say?” Resolve that when God says you do something, you will trust God’s Word and do it whether or not it makes sense or you feel like doing it.

Based on the current way you make decisions, who or what is the ultimate authority in your life?  How would your life change if you always give God’s Word the final say? (Or, how has your life changed since you gave God’s Word the final say?)

Annie Angel




DAY 29
ARE YOU REALLY A BROTHER/SISTER IN CHRIST?
Matthew 14:13-21

I have this question in my mind a while ago and it inspired me to research the answers in the Bible. Does baptism alone make me a sister to all of you? And the following are the results of my research:

• From Matthew 12:48-50
Aside from knowing God, His Words and participating to His death and resurrection, I must do the Will of the Father in Heaven to be recognized as your sister.
• From Ephesians 4:25 and Ephesians 4:29
Another thing is to speak truthfully to you, remembering that it is God whom we intend to please and not one another. And watching one another to be righteous is a way to please Him.
• From Ephesians 4:2
For it was God who chose you to be my brothers and sisters, though you have characters that conflict with mine, I must learn to accept and love you unconditionally.
• From Galatians 6:1-2
And finally, I must not be surprised if I am affected by your situations. Because it is a proof that I weigh a part of your burdens as your sister and vice versa.  You weigh a part of mine as well. But just a part, not the whole.

How about you? Are you a brother or sister too?  God told us to meet together regularly because He knows we need each other to enter the narrow gates of Heaven.

Rowena Digal



DAY 30
GOD IS NOT LIKE THOSE PEOPLE WHO REJECTED YOU
Psalm 27:10; Psalm 55:12-14

There are people who we could not please or win over, who give us no attention or who give up on us. Who is this person in your life?

For me, it was my aunt. My aunt didn’t love me or like me. My aunt passed away when I was 16. It took me a few months to think it through.  After I was twenty years old, I came to understand that my view of my aunt was wrong.  But it was my view and I was consciously adopting it. I believed it within my deepest self but it was not my aunt’s fault. It was just the way I took things. I would have done it with someone else other than her. It was the way my mind worked. And because I deeply embedded these thoughts in my mind and emotions, I easily transferred them to God.

But God is not like us. God is always eager to forgive and to have a relationship with us. He lets us make our own decisions, but He is not like those people who rejected us. Whoever it was who rejected you, perhaps they may not have really rejected you anyway.

Vivian Belmonte