Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DAY 21

THANK GOD FOR THE PAIN

I Corinthians 12:26

What are your pain, hardship and challenges this year?

This year has been a challenging year for me. I came face to face with a new set of trials that brought me to be in pain. Health issues, I easily get sick, finances so tight, emotionally unmet needs, family’s sickness etc…

Most of our lives we strive to avoid pain. We take painkillers in whatever amount needed to dull or remove any pain we suffer. If to ask, is there anything good about pain? Should we thank God for pain? Pain is the message that some part of our body sends to our mind to tell us something is wrong. We learn to treat that ailing part with care and attention. We learn great lessons when we suffer. I learned great lesson out of it. Patience, determination, consideration and developing a feeling toward others who also suffer are some of the benefits. I learned to trust in God and consider.

(James 1:2)

James wrote that we ought to consider it all joy when we fall into various trials. He knew we should thank God for the trials because through them we can see our weaknesses and faults and our need for His part in our lives. We can also understand what needs correction. I realized if we respond to the trials we endure, we develop the parts of our character that can only grow when we suffer. Patience grows in the arena of trials that demand patience.

So, never get bitter towards our sufferings and pain instead thank God for it produces good character in us.

Rosalie Natural