Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DAY 24

NOT FOR ME TO WIN

Ecclesiastes 9:11

Looking back at my fourth year high school days, I competed for an interschool contest in which we candidates ramped with Filipiniana attires and were to undergo interview. When it was my turn, I found the question terribly difficult. I was mumbling and could hardly finish a sentence. Obviously, I didn’t win. I felt disappointed to myself, feeling so dumb afterwards. But after all, I told myself ‘not everyone in our school was allowed to experience such a contest. It was a privilege!’

My mission itself is not a contest. God designed both triumph and failure for me to experience everything in order for me to grow and be strong... for me to be enough to proclaim His words to all nations. What matters in a disciple’s trial is that I don’t quit, I don’t feel bitterness in my heart and I learn something from God. Not caring about what others might say as long as it is what He wants me to realize. God sees my heart not my award.

Rowena Digal