Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16-20, 2012 Quiet Time Series


DAY 16
SUFFERINGS ARE GOD’S GIFT
1 Peter 4:12-13

It is amazing to know that we all have sufferings as servants of God. 1Peter 4:12 states: “Dear friends do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.”

I believe that the challenges I went through last year was true.  It is biblical that we all go through trials. Indeed, it was not a big mistake but rather an opportunity for me to learn the lessons straight from God.
Betty Belmonte

DAY 17
FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
Galatians 5:22-26

By the grace of God, through Jesus Christ, we have received the Holy Spirit. It is a privilege for us to live a life by the Spirit.

Living a life with the Spirit is the best life that we could experience or live. Let us all keep the fruit of the Spirit in our lives. We must see in our daily living the love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and of course the self-control that will really bring out the true fruits of living a life with the Spirit.

Remember, against all those things there is no law. Are we living a life that is full of the fruits of the Spirit? If we do so, then be grateful and keep it. And if not, then we can start right at this moment. Such fruits are part of the Spirit, we can’t produce it on our own, that is why we need to always and keep in touch with our Producer.

Keep praying. God is just waiting and listening. God bless you.
Alvin Comendador

DAY 18
MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO BE RIGHT WITH GOD
2 Peter 3:14

There is no life here on earth that is more rewarding than being right with God -- no worries, no pretensions, no guilt and no slavery over sins or being in prison of the lure of the world.

What matters most in your life lately? Are you enjoying the little heaven that God put into your heart here on earth?

We may be tempted to think of ourselves as more than God.  This is the strong enemy we have in our spiritual battle yet we always have an option to make things right before God.

Make every effort to always be right with God.
Romeo Samson Jr.

DAY 19
DO THE RIGHT THING
Philippians 1:9-11

In this verse, I learned a lot from the heart of Paul through his letter to Philippians.  For the last few weeks, I have been trapped by thinking of myself and worst, I compromised in my thoughts by thinking of something which is not helpful to my relationship with God. I feel defeated. I feel sorry and want to ask God for forgiveness.

“As I continue my life as a Christian, I need to understand your grace, your mercy, your love, and your words deeply, so that I can ignite my fire once again and be useful once again in your kingdom. Through this, I believe that with your guidance, I can overcome but I need to do the things first with sincerity, honesty, with love and persistence, with prayer time, with meditation on the Bible… with You to ignite my fire once again, God”.

“Please guide me”. Thank you.
Julian Baga

DAY 20
GOD’S DISCIPLINE
Hebrews 12:5b-7a

God is merciful and He gave us Hid unconditional love.

I remember one of my major subjects in school that was very challenging for me. I tried my best but it is not good enough. I asked myself, “Why it is so difficult to handle this subject?” Then I texted my classmates and asked if they finished their project, but most of them were also not done yet. The reply messages that I received from them were all negative, the same with my thoughts. Worries came into my mind. I stopped doing my project and prayed to God. It was a 5 minutes prayer to God and I learned that was God disciplining me. God reminded me that He is in control.  He disciplined me so I may have total reliance on Him.

The lesson that I’ve learned is that God is a powerful God and no one can fathom His power. God wanted me to be vulnerable before Him. Truly, with God, all things are possible.
Vivian Belmonte