Friday, March 9, 2012

March 2012 Quiet Time Series

DAY 10

A KINGDOM-FOCUSED LOVE

1 Corinthians 28

Remembering my early years as a disciple gives me a lot of encouragement. Looking back on past quiet times helps me to be grateful to God for teaching me and walking with me for the past years. I’d like to share one of my previous quiet times. This was last February 13, 2004. I learned that our love for God should move us to build His Kingdom.

• Have a desire in your heart to build God’s Kingdom.

• Then have a plan and vision to build God’s Kingdom.

• Even if God will not allow you to build His Kingdom, this should not limit us but rather this needs to inspire us to help others build His Church.

• Share your heart to others so they too may be encouraged to dream for God’s Church.

• Let us be unswerving in carrying God’s Word and will. Let’s teach others to hold on to God’s teachings or to do the same.

• Acknowledge God. Serve Him with wholehearted devotion and a willing mind.

• Always seek God and be strong to do the work He has prepared for us.

• God Himself will give us understanding in the details of the plan. We should not be afraid or discouraged for God is with us. God will not fail or forsake us until all the work for the service of His Kingdom will be finished.

I can still remember how in those days, we were always reminded to have a kingdom-focus… how we need to put the interest and what is best for God’s Kingdom as a priority more than our own. I believe the same conviction needs to be recommitted today.

May we be one in heart to have a Kingdom-focus here in Bohol!

January Samson