Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 2012 Quiet Time Series

DAY 22

From: JESUS KNEW HE DID NOT HAVE

TO CLOSE EVERY SALE TO BE A SUCCESS

Galatians 6:9, John 1:11-12

I don’t know where I got this quiet time lesson but I learned from this lesson during my times with God last February 8, 2004. I wrote down the things I learned and the notes that impacted me, as follows:

• “No” simply means “to ask again.”

• Rejection is not fatal. It is merely someone’s opinion.

• Jesus was also rejected but He didn’t quit.

• Jesus knew His worth. He did not give up but went to those whose hearts were open to His Word.

• Jesus knew that His critics and persecutors will die but His eternal plan will not.

• He was willing to experience a season of pain to create an eternity of gain.

• Goals and drams last longer than rejection. Sometimes we have to do things we hate (as long as it is not a sin) to create something we love.

• Someone needs me and my contribution is a necessity for that person.

• Move on.

• Jesus risked rejection to become the golden link between man and God.

• Be inspired to look for open people who will respond to God’s calling.

In the business world, success means a closed deal or a sale. But Jesus patiently went through rejections (upfront, harsh, discouraging and challenging rejections) and moved on. He fixed His eyes on the goal which is to lead as many as possible back to heaven with the Father.

I believe we are in the right track guys! Let’s continue to evangelize Bohol – pass or fail! Because for God, evangelism is surely worth more than any deals… each person we evangelize is worth the body and blood of Jesus!

January Samson