Monday, March 26, 2012

March 2012 Quiet Time Series

DAY 27
THE SPIRIT OF SELF-DISCIPLINE
2 Timothy 1:7

It’s almost six months since I decided to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. Part of being a disciple is putting myself under our Lord’s discipline. But for this long, I don’t think if I am helping myself to be disciplined. In result, my heart and body struggled. To tell you, I don’t see any discipline in myself lately, to submit this quiet time series for almost two weeks late since the deadline, something is wrong. The thing is, at this time I know that I really need self-discipline.

Discipline is an important part of doing the will of God in the most effective way possible. Our God has given us a spirit of love, of power and a spirit of self-discipline.

In my case, I had so many kinds of excuses for being undisciplined, and at the end, I realized that they are not really valid at all. But, I believe that I can be a disciplined person no matter what my situation is. From this time forward whatever changes need to be made will be made, by the power of the Spirit that God has given me.

Another thing in 2 Timothy 3:16-17. The inspired words of God will really help in becoming disciplined. Living a Christian life is bringing all the areas of our lives under the control of Jesus Christ so that all we do fits together and contribute to our one purpose: to bring glory to God.

Alvin Comendador