Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 2012 Quiet Time Series

DAY 29

A source of Joy

1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

There are so many things where we could find a source for joy. What are the sources that you are getting into to find joy?

As a young Christian, I could stop praying when my prayer time or my heart is not into it. Sometimes, it feels like something is pushing me not to pray. Why do you think this is happening to me? Thanks to the Word of God, I realized that I did not see the prayer as a source of joy.

Prayer brings joy to us, because it is the time that we are talking to our heavenly Father. God comforts us by all the blessings and strength that He has given and His faithfulness. Amidst trial, prayers can also brought joy in our hearts, give us courage and determination to overcome difficulties.

If we are to pray powerfully, we must not only see the importance of prayer and the need of surrender and faith in prayer, but we must appreciate the joy that our prayer brings. The Word of God says, “Be joyful always; pray continually”. This just says that prayer really is a good source of joy. Amen.

The greatest joy we could find is only with God. Have a joyful day.

Alvin Comendador