Friday, February 10, 2012

DAY 13

TELL IT TO GOD

James 5:16

When I was not yet a Christian, I kept to myself almost everything of what’s going on with me. I was fearful of being rejected and to be misunderstood. But I am fortunate now that I can express myself to others. It is my very need to express myself when I am happy and most especially when I have a troubled heart. But there is something more when we tell it to God.

Life buffets us in various ways and it helps when we tell others about our troubles. Others may comfort us and sit with us when we are in sorrow, but in the end, we must find our own way out of the sorrows we carry. Each person has his own share of difficulties in life. Confessing our troubles to one another may help a lot, however, it is also true that if we are always blurting out our needs, our woes and our sorrows, then people may grow uncomfortable and no longer want to talk with us.

Since an effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man has many benefits, we can strive to become that man ourselves. It is good to go to our friends and ask for prayers when we need them, but we also need to give others encouragement, hope and sunshine in their lives. There are enough clouds for everyone. Let us maintain the balance of sharing our clouds of sorrow and letting the sun shine for the benefit of others, and at the same time, lifting both our sorrows and joys to God in prayer.

I have been working out on this and I am a work in progress. All of us needs each other but most of all, let us pour out to God everything in our hearts and how we feel.

Challenge: Let’s be honest to God. Tell it to Him. He is more than our earthly friends.

Rosalie Natural