Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 2012 Quiet Time Series

DAY 16

LIVING HOPE

1 Peter 1:3, Psalm 71:5

Have you experienced losing hope? … at work, in school, in the family, health, or even in your relationship with God.

Ohayo Gozaimash! Good morning to everyone.

There was a time when I lost hope. I went to Cebu with my sister for a check up. We expected it to be only a regular check up. I thought that I was going to be fine and that everything about my health is good.

But when the doctor told us about the result of my check up, my sister and I were so shocked. I started to question God… Why is this happening to me? I started to doubt God. When the doctor told me that I needed an operation immediately on that day, I wanted to cry out to God. Where will I get the money for the operation?

But God amazed me on how He works. My operation was successful and all bills for the operation were paid. I learned that no matter what difficulties we face noe, God is always on our side. He is available anytime and anywhere. Whether we are up or down, let’s continue to go back to God with a humble heart. God wants us to fully trust in Him. Let’s continue to know our Living Hope and that is our God.

Vivian Belmonte