Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 2012 Quiet Time Series

DAY 18

CONFESSION

James 5:16

Talking about sins, I usually tolerate it, saying to myself “I will not do it again” without any confrontation to anyone or “I will change myself for the better”, but that is not enough, I am not doing the right thing to do.

God built the guilt within me and spiritually I felt weak. I have to know and confess my sins, because it really breaks us, keeping us away from God. It brings us struggles day and night.

Confession is good for our soul, for this way “God is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). He will restore to us the joy of His salvation.

Confessing is not that easy for me. I am tempted not to let this happen in my life, but I must remember how right it is. I have to repent on this. Confession is an opportunity for me. I really have to be vulnerable of my sins. It’s true that we need to have a confessing attitude. Our hearts cannot be pure when there is hidden sin or deception of sin within us.

Alvin Commendador