Friday, February 10, 2012

February 2012 Quiet Time Series

DAY 5

LIFE’S BOXES

Ephesians 1:7

“He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven”. I’d read this poem somewhere and it effected on me the feeling of being so much blessed because God has been so kind towards a person like me. I wanted to share it with you and may this lovely poem bring realization to all of us.

BOXES

I have in my hands two boxes

Which God gave me to hold

He said, “Put all your sorrows in the black

And all your joys in the gold”.

I heeded His words, and in the two boxes

Both my joys and sorrows I store.

But though the gold became heavier each day

The black was as light as before.

With curiosity, I opened the black;

I wanted to find out why.

And I saw, in the base of the box , a hole

Which my sorrows had fallen out by.

I showed the hole to God, and mused aloud,

“I wonder where my sorrows could be.”

He smiled a gentle smile at me

“My child, they’re all here with me.”

I asked, “God, why give me the boxes,

Why the gold, and the black with the hole?”

“My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings,

The black is for you to let go.”

-author unknown

Ruby Digal